Sad news to report to you this evening, Dick Lemke n0mtq passed away April 10 from complications in his battle against cancer. Dick had always monitored the simplex Frequencies here in the Grand Island Area, spoke to him many times on the air, he could always be counted on for a good QSO. He will be missed. If some of you guys who knew him longer and better than I did would like to add to this post let me know and I would be happy to do so. I do not have any details other than he will have a graveside service on Wednesday afternoon. If I get more info I will post it.
- 24 February 2018, 12:13 pm
- 24 February 2018, 12:06 pm
- 23 February 2018, 12:11 pmAverage daily sunspot number dropped from 24 during the previous seven days, to 5.6 in the current reporting week, February 15-21. That average is so low because no sunspots have been seen since February 17, and no new sunspot regions were observed since February 4. Average daily solar flux dropped to 70.1 in the current period from 77.4 in the previous week. Based on the latest 45-day predicti...
- 22 February 2018, 7:40 pmThe patch design for the US Jamboree on the Air 2018 (JOTA) has been selected by the National Radio Scouting Committee. BSA Supply expects to have patches available this summer.National JOTA Coordinator Jim Wilson, K5ND, said it’s never too early to begin planning for JOTA, and quite a bit of information to help in planning is available, including JOTA Countdown, JOTA Station Planning, and JOTA...
- 22 February 2018, 7:12 pm