- 24 November 2017, 4:22 pmHi, I have a TS 530 Up to now I have been using a straight key but wanted to try iambic sending. I have a Chinese MX-K2 CW keyer that works well on my modern rigs but seems to short out on the TS530. I have tried a three wire and two wire 3.5 jack plug connecting leads but both short out. Is it that the internal resistance of the keyer is enough to trigger the keying of the rig? If so has anyone a solution (besides using straight key bug or cootie!). Many thanks. Richard
- 24 November 2017, 4:22 pmFrom an ARRL press release, "Acting on a recommendation of its Ethics and Elections Committee, the ARRL Board of Directors has publicly censured one of its own — ARRL Southwestern Director Dick Norton, N6AA. On an 11-3 vote, with one member abstaining, the Board adopted a resolution to censure Norton for criticizing the ARRL Code of Conduct for Board members at an Amateur Radio gathering “by virtue of his characterizations thereof, thus criticizing publicly the collective...ARRL Code of Conduct censure "Catch-22"
- 23 November 2017, 3:24 pmAMSAT-NA’s latest Amateur Radio CubeSat, RadFxSat (Fox-1B), now known as AO-91, has been opened for general use. AMSAT Engineering officially announced that AO-91 was ready for use at 0650 UTC on Thanksgiving Day, November 23. AMSAT VP of Engineering, Jerry Buxton, N0JY, turned over operation to Mark Hammond, N8MH, and AMSAT Operations during a contact on the AO-91 repeater during the pass over...
- 22 November 2017, 7:28 pmA free webinar, “What is SKYWARN™ Recognition Day and how can you participate?” will take place on November 27 at 8 PM EST (0100 UTC on November 28). Register online. After registering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing information about joining the webinarSRD this year takes place on Saturday, December 2 from 0000 until 2400 UTC (starts on the evening of Friday, December 1, in ...
- 22 November 2017, 5:06 pm