- Nominating Club Officers
- Our Own Club House
- Cert Meeting Recap
- Training: Getting to Know Your Radio
- Bring a radio to play with
- ARES Programming Discussion
- Talk a little about ARES and structure if Roger makes the meeting.
- 24 June 2017, 3:35 amHello all, I have a great functioning, ftm-400dr I am hoping to trade for an ID-5100. I have all the original parts, box, etc. Also since e I know some will ask, the GPS works perfect on this unit. Locks on right away. I am hoping to find an id-5100 with mount and do a straight trade. I want to try D-star as C4FM doesn't seem to be too popular in Portland, OR. I can post more pictures if needed. Thanks! Ian KI7DUBView attachment 379048 View attachment 379049
- 24 June 2017, 3:35 amI got this set of Kenwood "twin" T-599A and R-599A for free, was the persons grandfathers who passed away. They are both in great shape other then a little dust.....both have internal power supplies. I powered up the R-599A, got it set on 20 meters and found a net running around 14.328 on the West coast, very nice audio using the S-599A that was also included. I plan to use some canned air to clean the inside up. All of the gear was in original boxes as well, but no manuals. Found those with...Kenwood T-599A and R-599A recently acquired - Neat!
- 23 June 2017, 1:57 pmAverage daily sunspot numbers rose this reporting week (June 15-21) from 4.9 to 29.4. The previous week had four days with no sunspots, and this week there were no zero sunspot days, hence the dramatic increase in the average.Average daily solar flux barely budged from 74.4 to 74.6Average daily planetary A index went from 7.3 to 9.4, and mid-latitude A index from 6.9 to 8.1.Predicted solar flux...
- 22 June 2017, 7:36 pmThe ARRL will sponsor a 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Webinar on Monday, July 17, at 8 PM ET (0000 UTC on Tuesday, July 18). The approximately 90-minute session will address the role of Amateur Radio during the 2017 Hurricane Season. Anyone interested in hurricane preparedness and response is invited to take part in this online presentation.Topics will include a meteorological overview of the ...
- 22 June 2017, 3:20 pmSacramento Valley Section Official Observer Coordinator (OOC) Norm Lucas, WB6RVR, died on June 19, after suffering an apparent heart attack. He was 67. Lucas had been an OO since 1989 and OOC since 2003. Licensed in 1964, Lucas was a past president of the Northern Amateur Relay Council of California (NARCC) and actively lobbied for the revision of California’s distracted driving bill. He was a ...