- Nominating Club Officers
- Our Own Club House
- Cert Meeting Recap
- Training: Getting to Know Your Radio
- Bring a radio to play with
- ARES Programming Discussion
- Talk a little about ARES and structure if Roger makes the meeting.
- 11 December 2017, 3:19 pmBencher Keyer and MFJ Econo Keyer II for sale. Had the Bencher for several years, but looks like brand new. $120 for both including shipping (US only) by PayPal. View attachment 402411 View attachment 402412 View attachment 402413
- 11 December 2017, 3:18 pmMonday, December 11, 2017 will mark the 96th anniversary of the first message to ever be sent across the Atlantic ocean using shortwave frequencies. The original event in 1921 was called "The Transatlantic Tests" and was organized to determine if amateur radio signals could be heard in Europe using short wave frequencies. Several stations will be participating by establishing contacts between the U.S. and Europe including: N1BCG (Greenwich, CT - where the first successful message was sent...MON 11 DEC - 96th Anniv. Of 1st Transatlantic Shortwave Transmission
- 9 December 2017, 12:08 amQST -- ARRL's monthly member journal -- is more than a century old, and with the major exception of color printing throughout the magazine starting in December 2000, it’s remained mostly unchanged for the past couple of decades. Starting with the January 2018 issue of QST, now available to members in digital form, several noticeable changes are being made to the journal’s format, design, and si...
- 8 December 2017, 5:02 pmSolar activity declined slightly over the past week, another period which saw multiple days (five) with no sunspots. We will see more of these periods over the next 2-3 years as the sun progresses toward solar minimum.There was a geomagnetic storm peaking on December 5. In Alaska, the College A index reached 55, and peaked around the middle of the UTC day with K index reaching 7 over two 3-hour...
- 8 December 2017, 3:20 pm